Assistant Project Manager
Assistant Project Manager
Open and Currently Looking for Candidates
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for assisting Project Managers and/or Superintendents in coordinating the activities of a project to ensure cost, schedule, document control and quality standards are met. Under the direction of the PM, the Assistant Project Manager is expected to take on any/all tasks in the quest to learn all he/she can about construction. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of construction experience. A degree in construction management is a plus.
WORK DELIVERABLES: THE RESULTS THAT ARE EXPECTED FROM A TOP PERFORMING ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER
Project Set Up: Ensure that proper tools are in place prior to the beginning of a project.
- Prepare and assist with pre-installation meetings.
- Review Owner contract and become familiar with terms & conditions.
- Distribute all short interval and overall project schedules. Ensure subcontractors have the most up to date scopes of work. Assist PM in the development of the overall project schedule.
- Work to obtain all necessary permits as requested by the PM.
- Ability to review drawings and specifications to become completely familiar with the project and identify long lead times and critical path items.
- Complete sub evaluations/comparisons of bids, scope review, and complete buyout as requested by PM
- Develop a project submittal log and obtain designer’s approval.
- Manage said submittal log and ensure all submittals are processed promptly.
Operational Excellence: Plan effectively.
- Ensure contracts, insurance, and bonds are current and received before subcontractor performs any work on site. Follow up on collection of all non-received documents and escalate any issues to the PM.
- Prepare all project meeting agendas and associated Attend weekly project meetings as requested by PM and keep detailed meeting minutes for publishing to project team.
- Draft, submit, and track all RFI’s and distribute to all teams members as appropriate.
- Review project logs (RFI’s, Submittals, PCO’s) with Superintendent on a weekly basis.
- Pursue and monitor submittals and track deliveries of materials. Verify all submittal conformity to plans & specifications.
- Collect superintendent daily reports, weekly project pictures and safety documentation. Review for completeness and include in project documentation. Inform PM of deficiencies.
- Collect and distribute coordination drawings from appropriate subcontractors. Review drawings with PM and Superintendent. Set up coordination meetings for PM to chair.
- Collect subcontractor changes for review by the PM.
- Execute payment applications.
- Complete quantity take-offs as requested by estimating and PM.
- Review and code invoices. Check for accuracy and compare to cost to complete forecast.
Pride in Our Workmanship: Finish well.
- Distribute all punch lists and the follow-up as necessary to ensure timely completion of punch list work.
- Collect all required close out documents for certification.
- Assemble the close out documents and address non-compliant subcontractor directly for compliance. Relationship Management: Develop critical relationships.
- Maintain client relationships at the appropriate level reinforcing the Company’s commitment to continuously addressing their needs and interests.
- Work collaboratively with outside parties (I.e. the design team, etc.) to accomplish client goals.
- Demonstrate effective relationship building within the project team and throughout the Company. Keep field team members (i.e. Superintendent) informed and active in decision-making.
- Promote positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with subcontractors and vendors instilling this philosophy in project team at all times.
BEHANIORAL EXPECTATIONS: THE KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES NEEDED TO ATTAIN THE RESULTS EXPECTED FROM A TOP PERFORMING ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER.
Client service – Customers recommend us to others.
- Treats internal and external clients, vendors and subs as partners.
- Identifies client needs and addresses them.
- Identifies and acts on ways to add value.
- Identifies and acts on opportunities to expand the relationship.
- Balances client and Companies needs effectively.
- Is responsive to clients’ needs and displays intensity.
Lifelong Learning – Training and Continued Education.
- Continually builds own knowledge and expertise.
- Is open to new ways of doing things.
- Offers to coach/assist others with less experience.
- When problems arise, shares expertise to help resolve the issue.
- Makes self-accessible for questions even when under stress.
Integrity and Ethics – Do the right thing.
- Makes decisions and acts with the Company’s long term interest in mind.
- Acts with integrity, maintaining the highest ethical standards.
- Is flexible and changes quickly based on the company’s changing needs.
- Balances the company’s needs with those of others including the client, the team, etc.
- Manages with profitability in mind.
Safety in the Workplace – No accidents or OSHA violations.
- Is well versed in the Company’s safety program procedures and policies.
- Consistently follows/enforces the Company’s safety procedures and policies.
- Makes tough decisions to ensure that safety remains on the front and center. Attention to Detail
- Thoroughness in accomplishing tasks for concern in all area’s involved, no matter how small.
- Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently even under the pressure of multiple demands.
- Works cooperatively with others toward accomplishment of a shared goal as opposed to working separately or competitively.
- Leverages own strengths and demonstrates understanding of weaknesses in order to most effectively contribute to a project.
- Knows when to lead and when to follow.
- Reinforces the team concept through all actions.
Demonstrates a Sense of Urgency.
- Sets high expectations and achieves them regardless of the barriers.
- Demonstrates a passion for one’s work - enjoys working hard and is full of energy.
- Acts with an insatiable need to get things done - can be counted on to get things done on time and with excellent quality and results.
- Pays attention to the details to make sure the job gets done right. directed by the PM.
Required Skill Set:
You must meet the following minimum Criteria to apply for this position:
- 3-5 Years of Experience in Commercial Construction in the fields of: Higher Education, Sports & Recreation, Government, Multi-Family, and Commercial Office Construction
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or a related field
- Communication, Multi-Tasking, Time Management and Organizational Skills
- Experience with Construction Management Software:
Software Used: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Plan Swift, ICE, Sage/Timberline, Plangrid, Bluebeam, Autodesk Navisworks, etc...